You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom feature isn't saving the last zoom level

I use the accessibility zoom feature. When I either triple tap on the trackpad or press option-command-8 then it toggles zoom on. From there I can change the zoom level by using either triple tap and drag on the trackpad, option-command-+/-, or control and 2 finger drag on the trackpad. I can then use the same methods above to toggle the zoom back off. My problem is that when I toggle it back on I'm expecting things to return to the same zoom level I just used. This is so I don't have to constantly reset the zoom level whenever I use it. Is there a way to save the zoom level?

One other method to mention is the ability to temporarily toggle zoom on/off using option-control. This is actually the one I use most frequently but I didn't want to lump it in with the others since it's temporary. In the end I experience the same results as above. I also mention this separately because I have the ability to save the zoom level but this is only the case when zoom is already on. When I press option-control to temporarily toggle zoom off and then let go of the keys to toggle it back on it returns to that same zoom level.

By the way, there's a magnification setting in the zoom preferences that I can adjust. I'm actually not sure what that does because I don't see any noticeable changes. I'm including a screenshot just in case. Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 8:24 PM

Thank you for directing me to the zoom documentation. It didn't address my question but I did play around with the options to view full screen, split screen and Picture in Picture. What I discovered is that the zoom levels are saved for the latter 2 but not for full screen. I'll dig into this further.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2021 8:24 PM in response to Erica_S1

Thank you for directing me to the zoom documentation. It didn't address my question but I did play around with the options to view full screen, split screen and Picture in Picture. What I discovered is that the zoom levels are saved for the latter 2 but not for full screen. I'll dig into this further.

Zoom feature isn't saving the last zoom level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.