You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom facility

In Logic Pro 9 I used to be able to click in the timeline of the project window and drag down to zoom in or up to zoom out, horizontally. Why has this been taken away in Logic 10 and how do I get it back?

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 3:11 AM

Hi

jbplaysstuff wrote:

In Logic Pro 9 I used to be able to click in the timeline of the project window and drag down to zoom in or up to zoom out, horizontally. Why has this been taken away in Logic 10 and how do I get it back?

Hold down the Option key?

CCT

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 22, 2022 1:44 PM in response to jbplaysstuff

Hi there, as for the "Why.." question, perhaps, only the developers can answer it properly. In many ways, Logic 10 is different from LP9, in terms of GUI, so I'd advise to treat it as such. To be fair, you may find both vertical and horizontal zoom sliders in the upper-right corner of Main / Arrange section of Logic's window (quite easy to use and always there).

Apr 23, 2022 1:44 AM in response to Radarhus

Thanks for your reply Jota GI, but when it comes to things like editing for crossfades, click and drag in the timeline and then split at cursor were actions I used to use repeatedly during editing. I wouldn't mind if the shortcut had been replaced by something more useful, but it's just been taken away and nothing put in its place. It's not even obvious how to recreate it using Key Commands Edit.

Zoom facility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.