You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD CLASSIC WITH RED X CIRCLE

When i turn on my ipod classic, it showed up with a red circle with an X mark.....please help me to solve me this problem as fast as possible....

iPod Classic

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 5:13 AM

The hard drive has probably failed. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy). See iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support. You might want to shop around and/or consider an SD conversion kit to replace the failed drive.

tt2

5 replies

Jun 15, 2021 7:33 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you sir...... also

After sometime it started working , but when i plugged it in my pc to charge it, the itunes starts to hang and makes the windows unable to respond......also the ejecting doesnt take place......

after some struggle when i pull the plug after ejecting...it again shows red mark..and then becomes normal in some time....i also hear some tic tic sound from my i pod and it starts to lags....

IPOD CLASSIC WITH RED X CIRCLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.