You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It will not let me power off my Apple Watch while on the charger

so my brother gave me his Apple Watch and he’s phone broke so he can’t disconnect it and he forgot his password and I don’t know how to connect it to my phone

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 12:15 AM

No worries. Your brother can hopefully reset his Apple ID password by following the steps in here first:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once that access is working again, he can reset the watch and recove the activation lock, as described in here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If all that goes well, you can then pair the watch with your iPhone:

Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 12:15 AM in response to Elibednar10

No worries. Your brother can hopefully reset his Apple ID password by following the steps in here first:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once that access is working again, he can reset the watch and recove the activation lock, as described in here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If all that goes well, you can then pair the watch with your iPhone:

Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone - Apple Support

It will not let me power off my Apple Watch while on the charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.