You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini stereo issues

I just got a second HomePod mini and set up a stereo pair. It worked once but has been experiencing issues ever since. When playing music sometimes only one homepod will play it, and the second one will drop in and out. I have also had one homepod start playing a different song entirely while the 1st one continues down the song list. Is anyone else having the same problems? How do I fix it? Software for both is up to date version 14.6. I have tried resetting both homepods and it did not fix it. I am pretty tech savy but this stereo pair feature is kind of a mess, and this was the reason I bought the second one.

HomePod mini

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 12:27 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jun 16, 2021 10:49 AM in response to twalsh465

Hello twalsh465,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that you're experiencing unexpected audio behavior with your HomePod mini stereo pair. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved! We're happy to help.

We recommend using the steps in the following resource to unlink the stereo pair and create the pair again:

Set up HomePod stereo pairing

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Jun 22, 2021 4:29 AM in response to JovonaP.

I've tried restarting my network, iphone, and both homepods. It seems to work for the first time I play a song. After that, I use airplay to play a song on the pair, and only 1 homepod turns on. Its like the homepods are not communicating, the 2nd speaker is not getting any of the commands, it doesn't even turn on. I have never had any wifi problems with any apple device before, seems like a problem with the software. I only have had issues when I tried to use the stereo pair feature.

Jun 22, 2021 4:36 AM in response to vectrdotnet

It may be an issue with 5ghz, but that is pretty standard wifi frequency these days, I shouldn't have to revert back to 2.4ghz to use a new speaker. Apple should be working on a fix for it. It seems like there is a software problem, its like the stereo pair forgets it is a pair every time I go to play music. The feature needs some work. It is the reason I bought the 2nd speaker, and now it is kind of useless.

Jul 1, 2021 3:13 AM in response to twalsh465

I have the exact same issues as everyone on this thread. Have tried everything from unpairing an re-pairing. Updated all devices to latest versions. I have even upgraded my wifi and router. Switched exclusively to 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Nada.

I’m convinced this is a software issue because what else could it be at this point.

It’s just very very frustrating.

Homepod mini stereo issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.