You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove subscriber in shared photo album

I created a Shared Album on my MacBook Pro (Late 13), added subscribers and found one that I did not intend to be added was added. It does not allow me to unsubscribe this unintended subscriber. Why does this work so much better with Google Photos, Dropbox and others and it is such a struggle with Apple Photos. I thought Apple was meant to make our lives easier not more difficult. What was intuitive has become confusing and cryptic. Or is this an issue with backwards compatibility? IDK but it should not be a compatibility issue in this day in age since you may be sharing with a non-Apple user (yes, they are out there). I used to like and appreciate Apples backwards compatibility but today I may as well go to another OS for they appear to be simple, less expensive, more compatible, and sharing just works better.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:47 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 21, 2021 9:45 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for replying. I created the shared album on my MacBook Pro which, I would expect is connected or signed into iCloud. I have it setup for iCloud Photos, so one would think that is all that is required in order to manage this from the thing that created, i.e. my MacBook Pro. Why I am able to remove a subscriber from my iPhone and not my MacBook Pro shows that this process is not that good and needs work. You'd think for a trillion dollar company it would "just work". However, those days are gone now it appears.

Deleting a shared album is a pain in the... OMG, doing that means I have to recreate it and load the 200 plus images all over again. I though Apple was supposed to make our lives simpler and work more efficiently. Recreating an album is not efficient and not easy.

I still have no clue if anyone is able to access the images. I added myself as a subscriber and I got the email but when I click on the link to join, I get a message that says "Cannot find shared album details. This shared album may have been changed or deleted." OMG! Seriously? The album is not deleted, I can see it on my MacBook Pro and iPone. This jut makes me hate the whole Apple ecosystem.

Thanks again for your input. I apologize for venting a bit but this has really been an aweful experience.

Jun 21, 2021 9:57 AM in response to Tradxnet

OMG! This feature is horrible. All the people I invited were not able to subscribe. I hate Apple and everything they do. They make this so difficult and Apples support is horrible. Not a fan. I am going to use Google Photos because at least that works and works easily because I am not feeling or getting any assistance from Apple. OMG this just sucks. I am so frustrated and ready to flee anything Apple. I have been using Apple for years and promoting it but now I see what people mean when they bash it.

Jun 21, 2021 7:21 AM in response to Tradxnet

To remove a subscriber you have to manage the smart album from a device where you are signed into iCloud with the AppleID you used to create the album, it usually works best, if you do it directly on the device, where you created the album.

If you cannot remove a subscriber, you could simply delete the shared album and send the invitations again.

Can't remove subscriber in shared photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.