You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac has dropped and refuses to accept one of my AOL email accounts.

My iMac (27-inch, Late 2012, with 32G Memory) running High Sierra (10.13.6) has dropped and refuses to accept one of my email accounts. It is an AOL account BUT two other AOL addresses work fine as do all iCloud, Gmail, Earthlink and Yahoo. I have tried to reinstate it in both System Preferences and Accounts in Mail. I continue to get this message: “Unable to verify account name or password”.

The AOL account works fine on our two iPads and two iPhones and on Safari so the problem is with the iMac and not AOL. Thanks for any guidance. Lyman

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 2:05 PM

Erica:

Thank you for your reply. I looks like it may be quite useful. I am out of town until middle of next week. When I get back, however, I will try the remedy and I will let you know how it works. Again, Thank you for your help. Regards, Lyman

Similar questions

3 replies

My iMac has dropped and refuses to accept one of my AOL email accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.