You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL email stopped working 48-72 hours ago

I've had to erase my email profiles and reload from scratch on 2 apple devices and 2 macs.

I've been successful on 3 out of 4, but I have a slightly older mac (running High Sierra, 10.13.6) and on this one, for the life of me I cannot reload my email profile. Every time I type in my AOL email (xxx@verizon.net) and password, I get an error message saying "Unable to verify account name or password." I've tried using the Mac's user friendly account setup (where you choose AOL and it asks you for the email and password) and a more complex method, trying to set up the incoming and outgoing servers manually. Same message. All my other devices managed to reload but for some reason, not this one. I don't even know who to ask for assistance, Apple, AOL, or Verizon!

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:19 PM

Many eMail providers now require a separate App Password different from your eMail password…

Then you may need Ways to securely access AOL Mail…

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 23, 2022 5:25 PM in response to BDAqua

Nah, it works on 3 out of 4 Apple devices, but cannot for the life of me get it working on my older MAC, which is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Unfortunately, no way to update the OS, this is the last one for this older MAC. So I'm sure it's a combination of older system plus newer security validation, but cannot get it working and it's driving me mildly crazy.

AOL email stopped working 48-72 hours ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.