You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to type in a time without current date?

I'm trying to create a pop-up menu which contain a list of time(ex: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00...), but every time when I type in a time, it always come with current date, whatever I've formatted the cell or not, it couldn't match the date what I want.

Anyone got idea to avoid it? or any chance to matching the time with the right date?

Thank you so much

Roger

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 3:34 PM

There are a few oddities when it comes to popup menu items. I guess this is one of them. If you try to create your popup the traditional way, using the formatting sidebar, you'll end up with date&time values. You can accomplish what you want, though.

Format some cells in a column of a table to be text

Enter your "times" in those cells. They will be text, not date&time values

Select all those cells and format them as popup menu.

Copy/paste one of them to wherever you want the popup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2021 3:34 PM in response to RogerLee_1981

There are a few oddities when it comes to popup menu items. I guess this is one of them. If you try to create your popup the traditional way, using the formatting sidebar, you'll end up with date&time values. You can accomplish what you want, though.

Format some cells in a column of a table to be text

Enter your "times" in those cells. They will be text, not date&time values

Select all those cells and format them as popup menu.

Copy/paste one of them to wherever you want the popup.

How to type in a time without current date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.