You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard

Hi…

I am so happy to use apple products. Just want information on magic keyboard. I have ipad pro 12.9 inches can i use generation 4th keyboard with 2021 model of ipad pro.

Thanks & Regards

Vandana

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 1:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 2:05 AM

The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9” has been redesigned - to accommodate the slightly thicker dimensions of the 2021 iPad Pro miniLED screen.

Whilst the older model Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro is electrically compatible with the 2021 iPad Pro - and is usable - Apple have indicated that the Keyboard cannot be fully folded closed. As such, if you already have the older model keyboard, you may still be able to use it unfolded. If purchasing a new Magic Keyboard for a 2021 iPad Pro 12.9”, you would be best advised to only buy the new model Keyboard.

You should note that this issue does not affect the iPad Pro 11” models.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2021 2:05 AM in response to vandana116

The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9” has been redesigned - to accommodate the slightly thicker dimensions of the 2021 iPad Pro miniLED screen.

Whilst the older model Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro is electrically compatible with the 2021 iPad Pro - and is usable - Apple have indicated that the Keyboard cannot be fully folded closed. As such, if you already have the older model keyboard, you may still be able to use it unfolded. If purchasing a new Magic Keyboard for a 2021 iPad Pro 12.9”, you would be best advised to only buy the new model Keyboard.

You should note that this issue does not affect the iPad Pro 11” models.

Magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.