You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing a Shared Folder from OneDrive

Hi

My wife has a Macbook from work, and she uses OneDrive for her work stuff. We also have our own OneDrive account through our Office365 subscription. She's currently using DropBox to store her personal stuff, but it's costing £10/month, which seems a lot when we have lots of storage space in our personal OneDrive account.

I've created a shared folder for her in OneDrive for her to move all her DropBox content into, but how does she set up the folder in Finder? She likes being able to drag and drop files to DropBox in Finder. She already has her work account set up in OneDrive so she can drag and drop as required, but I can't see a way of adding the shared perosnal account to Finder.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm good with Windows and Linux, but the Apple OS is not one I am familiar with.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:27 AM

alastairfromuddingston wrote:

Hi

My wife has a Macbook from work, and she uses OneDrive for her work stuff. We also have our own OneDrive account through our Office365 subscription. She's currently using DropBox to store her personal stuff, but it's costing £10/month, which seems a lot when we have lots of storage space in our personal OneDrive account.

I've created a shared folder for her in OneDrive for her to move all her DropBox content into, but how does she set up the folder in Finder? She likes being able to drag and drop files to DropBox in Finder. She already has her work account set up in OneDrive so she can drag and drop as required, but I can't see a way of adding the shared perosnal account to Finder.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm good with Windows and Linux, but the Apple OS is not one I am familiar with.

Good question for your thirdparty app Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/Compatibility

OneDrive help & learning - Microsoft Support

Microsoft Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2021 9:27 AM in response to alastairfromuddingston

alastairfromuddingston wrote:

Hi

Good question for your thirdparty app Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/Compatibility

OneDrive help & learning - Microsoft Support

Microsoft Support

Accessing a Shared Folder from OneDrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.