You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's Trade-In Program - what happens when you want to return your new product in the 14 day return window?

What I learned: Apple will only refund you the difference between your trade-in and the total cost of the computer you purchased. They will not refund you the total cost of the new computer if you change your mind and want a refund, even if it's within 14 days of purchase.

Has anyone else had this experience? I love Apple, but the reps I chatted with and spoke to seemed confused and didn't really know for sure what to do.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:51 AM

Here's the bottom line, from Apple, which just arrived via email:

"Because you returned your new Apple product after we had already credited your payment method for the value of your trade-in, we were only able to refund your payment method up to the original purchase price amount.

Therefore, we still owe you the value of your trade-in. Because we can’t apply that amount to your original payment method, we’ll issue it to you in an Apple Gift Card by email."

That's fair and understandable.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 8:51 AM in response to Limnos

Here's the bottom line, from Apple, which just arrived via email:

"Because you returned your new Apple product after we had already credited your payment method for the value of your trade-in, we were only able to refund your payment method up to the original purchase price amount.

Therefore, we still owe you the value of your trade-in. Because we can’t apply that amount to your original payment method, we’ll issue it to you in an Apple Gift Card by email."

That's fair and understandable.

Apple's Trade-In Program - what happens when you want to return your new product in the 14 day return window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.