You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Late 2015 | Mac crashes & robots | Cause of Problem CPU | Thanks in advance

Hello,

So my problem is pretty straightforward. I installed three external new RAM drives and the last of TimeTec causes a re-boot randomly every day. Let me share you the error code. Please fell free to ask me anything. Thanks a lot. This is my work pc. I'm in the process of founding a startup so this would save my day.

Best,

Marius.

Here are the screenshots:

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 10:07 AM

9 replies

Jul 12, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Marius_Verdant_Startup

Your computer is sufering from Kernal Panics which can be causd by either hardware or software. Please start by doing the following:

Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the

app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck reportand attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Jul 13, 2021 11:59 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hay rkaufmann87,

Thanks a lot! I think I believed I isolated the problem. I removed the 8GB and since this day the PC wasn't crashing anymore. Secondly as I removed it just after another crash the "Ram Lid" (basically where you can add or remove the ram) was burning hot. Could that be the problem. Do I have to add the Ram again for the ethercheck to be useful or not?

Thanks a lot!

Jul 17, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Marius_Verdant_Startup

Marius_Verdant_Startup wrote:

I installed 1x TimTec 8GB & 2 Komputer Bay 8GB

This is most likely your issue. Macs are sensitive about RAM, and "value" or "poor quality" RAM just doesn't do. Please only use OWC, or maybe Crucial, 3rd party RAM. Please see: OWC Memory Upgrades For 27" iMac with Retina 5K Display (Late 2015) - MacSales.com (OWC).

-Jack

iMac Late 2015 | Mac crashes & robots | Cause of Problem CPU | Thanks in advance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.