You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an iMac from someone, but they’re still logged into their iCloud

I just bought an IMac from someone, but they’re still logged into their ICloud, if I sign in will they get my information?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 5:13 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2021 5:55 PM in response to Rpat981

I suggest that you provide the previous owner with the following support article so that they can properly prepare this Mac for sale. They should have done this before hand.

Ref: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Optionally, you can do the last step (Step 7) in this article which is to completely erase the iMac's system drive and install a "clean" copy of macOS to bring it back to its original "out-of-the-box" state. However, if they enabled a firmware lock or used disk encryption, this may prove difficult. I second den.thed's suggestion to have the original owner take care of this ... or get your money back.

I just bought an iMac from someone, but they’re still logged into their iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.