You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch doesn’t eject all the water. Not even ejecting it several times. What can I do about it?

Many times I'd like to swim while wearing my Watch, I think it’s too risky. Because of three reasons. The first and main reason is that, I don’t think Water Lock enables automatically when swimming while wearing your Apple Watch. Second reason is, all the water that gets in its speaker doesn’t eject unless I disable water lock and eject it several times, which is very lazy to me. The third reason is because the battery starts running out quicker. But everytime I notice that when it happens, I need to erase my watch and Set it up again “as a new watch” without restoring it from backup because if I restore it from a backup, the battery keeps running out quickly. Is it recommended to send my Apple Watch Device to an Apple Store and ask for a replacement?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 4:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 6:02 PM

First, water Lock turns on automatically only when you begin a water-based workout, such as swimming or surfing. Second, tkl eject all the water, you need to turn the Digital Crown rapidly. As far as the battery draining issue, I have not experienced that, but I won't dispute your claim. For more info, see:

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2021 6:02 PM in response to santizubiriaa

First, water Lock turns on automatically only when you begin a water-based workout, such as swimming or surfing. Second, tkl eject all the water, you need to turn the Digital Crown rapidly. As far as the battery draining issue, I have not experienced that, but I won't dispute your claim. For more info, see:

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

My Apple Watch doesn’t eject all the water. Not even ejecting it several times. What can I do about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.