You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to remove some photos from favorites but move them to another album. How do I do that?

I want to remove some photos from favorites but move them to another album. How do I do that?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:24 PM

1. In the Photos app on your Mac, click People in the sidebar.
  2. People that you mark as favorites appear in large squares at the top of the window. To make a person a favorite, click the Favorites button on the photo. You can also drag someone into or out of the favorites area at the top.

Favorites is just a Smart folder listing pics in other folders that you've marked as Favorites, removing or adding them from/to Favorites doesn't affect where they really are. :)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2021 2:24 PM in response to Chiswell

1. In the Photos app on your Mac, click People in the sidebar.
  2. People that you mark as favorites appear in large squares at the top of the window. To make a person a favorite, click the Favorites button on the photo. You can also drag someone into or out of the favorites area at the top.

Favorites is just a Smart folder listing pics in other folders that you've marked as Favorites, removing or adding them from/to Favorites doesn't affect where they really are. :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.