You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages not saving edits

Pages stopped saving documents after I have opened them and made a change. I have to duplicate it and save it. How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:59 AM

You have described perfectly what is supposed to happen. That is what used to happen here but isn't what is happening now,

4 replies

Jul 24, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Joyals0

Once you formally save a new Pages document via the Save… panel, this will enable autosave, which works on your Mac, and with documents stored on iCloud Drive (with the latter enabled). Autosave may not work on other cloud services, on some NAS configurations, or certain formatted external drives.

I initially save my Pages documents once on either the local startup drive or iCloud Drive and have never had an issue with autosave not working, or the need to duplicate a document and then save it.

Pages not saving edits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.