You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flexgate issues with 2017 Macbook Pro

Talked to customer service. They are unwilling to admit this issue is an issue. My son's 2017 Macbook Pro without touch bar can't open beyond 30 degrees without shutting itself off. Sometimes if you open it real slow you can almost make it to 70 degrees or so, but then one little move and the screen disappears.

After switching to all Apple about 8 or 9 years ago, our time with them is done. We are literally heading to the store today to purchase new laptop for my son. It most certainly won't be an Apple product.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:07 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 4, 2021 8:22 AM in response to jssmmb

jssmmb wrote:

Talked to customer service. They are unwilling to admit this issue is an issue. My son's 2017 Macbook Pro without touch bar can't open beyond 30 degrees without shutting itself off.

After switching to all Apple about 8 or 9 years ago, our time with them is done. We are literally heading to the store today to purchase new laptop for my son. It most certainly won't be an Apple product.

Sounds like all this is a moot point:

Yes there are known issues with the projector cable—however at this time the 2017 is not included in the service program.

Service Program—https://www.apple.com/support/13-inch-macbook-pro-display-backlight-service/

At this time, there is no Service Program for this 15" issue of the projector cable, or the 2017 MBP.

Typically in the past if Apple does release a Service Program, they have offered a refund for out of pocket expense parts & labor for the exact issue covered.

Service Programs are triggered by the percentage of all MBP of this spec vs the number of failures documented.

We are not privy to this %, or have any more insight. Full stop.

as a parting shot you can file your grievance— submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Good luck

flexgate issues with 2017 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.