You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flexgate

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports. 5 days ago my MacBook started to show the Flexgate issue: when I open my laptop more than X degree the screen completely shuts down.

I read that Apple repairs or substitutes for free just the 2016 models, but the issue is the same and also the component (cable) causing that is the same. I am trying to get a free repair as well as the damage has not been caused by me but it is proving to be not easy at all.

I was wondering whether someone with the same issue and with a model not covered by Apple's program has managed to get a free repair and in case how.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:07 AM

All current Apple Service programs may be found here:

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 20, 2022 12:45 PM in response to Peruge

The exact same issue started for me yesterday. I have a MacBook Pro, 16" 2019. I bought it from Apple December 2019. A technician told me today that I have a flexgate issue and said it was a big problem with 2018 and 2019 models. I've been using MacBooks since 2002 and have never had such a disabling problem happen, especially when the computer is barely over two years old. I'm on the phone, on hold with Apple now. I will be sorely disappointed if they refuse help for this. I've had such confidence in my machines in the past and want to continue believing their machines last, and last and last.

Flexgate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.