You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications appearing in Launchpad but not the Applications Folder

I am trying to delete some applications which are on the Launchpad. I have tried holding down the app icon in Launchpad until the "x" appears so that i can delete. The "x" doesn't appear but does on others. So I navigate to the applications folder via Finder, but the application is not in there. How can I delete???

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:17 AM

have you attempted doing this action while booted in to Safe Mode - shift immediately at restart. will load slowly - normal. does a repair disk, clear cache files and only loads apple software, extension and fonts.

5 replies

Aug 8, 2021 7:20 AM in response to Gray1964

Gray1964 wrote:

I am trying to delete some applications which are on the Launchpad. I have tried holding down the app icon in Launchpad until the "x" appears so that i can delete. The "x" doesn't appear but does on others. So I navigate to the applications folder via Finder, but the application is not in there. How can I delete???

If it is in your Launch Pad, it is in your Application folder.

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 8, 2021 7:27 AM in response to leroydouglas

Interesting - had the " Install Big Sur " full installer version downloaded via terminal and sitting in Application folder.

After running the installer, the application itself vanished from application folder - expected - but still appearing in launchpad.

Removed as per the original posters method though. head scratching :-)

Applications appearing in Launchpad but not the Applications Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.