You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I don’t quite understand the copy paste function.

So I recently noticed that when I go to copy something, after I paste it whatever I copied seems to immediately disappear or sometimes it won’t let me even paste what I’ve copied. Why is this? If there not a timer on what you copy? Because I tried to copy paste something extremely important. And because of frustration I accidentally deleted what I wanted to copy and paste. Now it’s gone forever. Why can’t the copy stay on a timer instead of immediately disappearing? Can someone please help me.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:09 AM

There is no timer on Copy-Paste.

However, if you use Copy and before Pasting if your Copy or Cut command is on a blank space then it is gone. The data on the memory stores only the last Cut/Copy command. It doesn't store history.

1 reply

So I don’t quite understand the copy paste function.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.