You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download Microsoft Remote Desktop because I don't have the right macOS

i tried to download microsoft remote desktop but it wouldn't let me because I dont have the latest version of OS at least OS X 10.14

what can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 9:20 AM

If you cannot download Microsoft Remote Desktop because you are getting a warning that your Mac needs to run a newer version of macOS, you have the following options:

• See if Microsoft still provides a version of Remote Desktop that runs on your macOS version.
  • Upgrade macOS on your MacBook Air.
  • Use an alternative remote desktop app that is supported with the version of macOS your notebook is running.
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2021 9:20 AM in response to home5g

If you cannot download Microsoft Remote Desktop because you are getting a warning that your Mac needs to run a newer version of macOS, you have the following options:

• See if Microsoft still provides a version of Remote Desktop that runs on your macOS version.
  • Upgrade macOS on your MacBook Air.
  • Use an alternative remote desktop app that is supported with the version of macOS your notebook is running.

I can't download Microsoft Remote Desktop because I don't have the right macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.