You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update my MacBook Pro

Is it possible to update my out of date pro via apple, I’d be happy to pay, only need it for work and it doesn’t support the programs I need?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 12:11 AM

Cazkai7 Said:

"Update my MacBook Pro: Is it possible to update my out of date pro via apple, I’d be happy to pay, only need it for work and it doesn’t support the programs I need?"

-------

Upgrading not being an Option:

A Mac can only go so far. This is because the hardware in it cannot be modified, as it is all created ro intact as one whole device --that's the way Macs are manufactured. Alternatively, note that a Mac cannot be downgraded below what it came out with. Once again, that is dues to hardware limitations.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2021 12:11 AM in response to Cazkai7

Cazkai7 Said:

"Update my MacBook Pro: Is it possible to update my out of date pro via apple, I’d be happy to pay, only need it for work and it doesn’t support the programs I need?"

-------

Upgrading not being an Option:

A Mac can only go so far. This is because the hardware in it cannot be modified, as it is all created ro intact as one whole device --that's the way Macs are manufactured. Alternatively, note that a Mac cannot be downgraded below what it came out with. Once again, that is dues to hardware limitations.

Update my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.