You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachment issues on Gmail

Hello,

when I tap on attachments, my Gmail app will not open them but rather show me the name of the file and its format (e.g., .pdf, .png, etc.). I have no intention of switching default app for my emails. Do you have any suggestion of what the problem might be and how to resolve it? I see that many users have had the same problem.

Best regards,

gentiled_apple

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 2:51 PM

gentiled_apple wrote:

Hello,

when I tap on attachments, my Gmail app will not open them but rather show me the name of the file and its format (e.g., .pdf, .png, etc.). I have no intention of switching default app for my emails. Do you have any suggestion of what the problem might be and how to resolve it? I see that many users have had the same problem.

Best regards,
gentiled_apple

Have you ask google or look at their support site, since you're using their gmail app.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2021 2:51 PM in response to gentiled_apple

gentiled_apple wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,
gentiled_apple

Have you ask google or look at their support site, since you're using their gmail app.

Attachment issues on Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.