You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sign in icloud account on an iPhone 3?

and no other Apple device available. PC (win10) is a trusted device as is two phone numbers. iPhone has no sim card. However, trusted code is not sent to any of these, and not to the iPhone 3

ios 6.1.6

Thank you.

iPhone 3G

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:24 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2021 10:34 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the link but as the Apple tech and I discovered, when Apple says "trusted device" they don't mean all trusted devices but only Apple products and only those much newer than the ios 6.1.6 iPhone My Windows machine is a trusted device.

1--no option on the iPhone 3 to get a code sent again or any choice as to where it is sent.

2--iPhone has no sim card so texts aren't sent to it and AppleID will only send to Apple devices, not the two trusted phone numbers it has listed (which are now on Android devices).

3--My account and AppleID works fine, except on the Apple device so recovering my account won't help.

Catch-22 limbo. I have been able to wi-fi transfer most files but I would really like to uninstall most of the old apps from the iPhone and delete thumbnails.

"If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, "

"you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call, Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen."

How to sign in icloud account on an iPhone 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.