You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad data transfer

I just got a new iPad Air which transferred everything easily from my old 2017 ipad. I now want to get my data and apps off the old one and have my husband use it who is currently using a really old iPad Air.

Do I just need to sign out and totally reset? Then do I sign him in and how do I get his apps, data, photos etc transferred to the one I was using?

It seems relatively simple but I don’t want to lose anything that’s important to him on his current iPad.

Thanks for any and all help and advice.

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 5:15 PM

For you: the pass it down iPad, do this => Sell or give away your iPad - Apple Support

And to transfer his content to the new iPad, do this => Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

Ipad data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.