You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15's Bookmarks accessibility

I've just "upgraded" to Safari 15 and I normally try to embrace new updates and try not to moan, but there seems to be schoolboy errors in the code.

I use Safari full screen and the bookmarks now work differently and I can no longer have the bookmarks sidebar persistent on the start page only, so I thought I'd put "Bookmarks" on the tool bar using "Customise Toolbar" There is an Star icon called "Bookmarks" but it seems to be miss-labeled it is not bookmarks it just shows the favourites bar. Is there any way to get to my bookmarks directly, without extra clicks? or am I just a luddite wanting to have bookmarks?

If I'm not missing something I'll have to have a look for an alternative browser.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:14 AM

I find reaching my bookmarks through the Favorites Bar quite handy. It's just one click on the bookmark (two if it's enclosed in a folder) to open it.

Here's the Apple's Safari User Guide:

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/see-your-favorite-websites-sfri22092/mac

2 replies

Sep 22, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Richard8888

Not sure why this comment was previously removed "because it contained a poll or a petition." There's certainly no poll or petition here.

You're 100% correct. I've reported this bug over a dozen times during the developer previews and now it's made its way to Safari 15 for all users. PLEASE submit feedback here https://www.apple.com/feedback/safari.html

To the other comment about Favorites, this does not work for people with hundreds of bookmarks and folders.

Safari 15's Bookmarks accessibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.