You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth - Motorcycle Headset - SIRI fails when moving

IPhone X 14.7.1. Connected to Motorcycle Headset via Bluetooth. All works fine when switching on, connecting and not riding. As soon as I start riding SIRI is disabled and will not operate anything, it just doesn't react at all. Music, telephone, Navigation nothing not a sausage. Obviously I cannot access the phone whilst riding to check anything so any advice would be warmly welcomed.

I have tried deactivating the driving lock. Turning off the Do not disturb when driving option. Checked for updates, turned all off and on again. (I don't want to revert the updates to before IOS 13 as I like a lot of other features in IOS 14)

Is there any way I can get my IPhone's SIRI voice commands to work over bluetooth when riding my motorcycle as it will be a lot safer than trying to find buttons on my helmet headset? If not I may have to go back to Android - arrrrrrgh.

Yours expectantly

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 2:07 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 22, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Stevo471

Hello Stevo471,

From your post it appears that Siri is not working once you start drinking driving your motorcycle.

Since it works when stationery, the Do Not Disturb While Driving was the obvious place to start.

Having gone through those settings, we would recommend updating to iOS 15 next. The update has a new design for Do Not Disturb called Focus. You can find information on how this works here: Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Just as a reminder, here are the different ways available to update iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

If you are still not able to get Siri to responds while driving, we would Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a good day.

Bluetooth - Motorcycle Headset - SIRI fails when moving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.