You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing large Photo library ...

I want to use the Photos iCloud feature but I have a very large Photos library (250GB). Storing all my library into the cloud could seem like a good idea, but when will I need to access pictures from more than 10 years ago on my iPhone or iPad ?

Rather than increasing my iCloud storage space, I am juggling with the idea of dividing my Photos library into smaller libraries.

While it seems like a simple idea, how do that in real life while also preserving all data associated with my photos ?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:32 AM

You can create new libraries and copy selected albums and photos along with their edited versions, faces, and all metadata to the new library with the paid version of PowerPhotos . These PowerPhotos explain how;

1. Copying albums
    2. Copying individual photos
    3. Merging libraries

When done with the copying to the new library delete those same items from the existing library and it will remove them from the iCloud Library.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2021 9:32 AM in response to rlesperance

You can create new libraries and copy selected albums and photos along with their edited versions, faces, and all metadata to the new library with the paid version of PowerPhotos . These PowerPhotos explain how;

1. Copying albums
    2. Copying individual photos
    3. Merging libraries

When done with the copying to the new library delete those same items from the existing library and it will remove them from the iCloud Library.

Managing large Photo library ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.