You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing and family in another country

Hello,

I have my family in another country and I wanted to enable family sharing for them, but because I have to use the store in the country I work (bank account, card etc.), it does not work. Or do I make some mistake somewhere else? I can add members, but they can’t access anything.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:35 PM

Share purchases with others in your Family Sharing group - Apple Support

says:

"To share purchases, family members must be in the same iTunes Store country or region."

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

"All Family members must share the same Home Country."

I know those don't actually say the same thing. The first one implies you can set up Family Sharing, you just can't share purchases. THe second is a flat-out denial of setting up Family Sharing between countries.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2021 5:35 PM in response to horkapolivka

Share purchases with others in your Family Sharing group - Apple Support

says:

"To share purchases, family members must be in the same iTunes Store country or region."

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

"All Family members must share the same Home Country."

I know those don't actually say the same thing. The first one implies you can set up Family Sharing, you just can't share purchases. THe second is a flat-out denial of setting up Family Sharing between countries.

Family sharing and family in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.