You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Pairing - no pop-up message when I hold my iPhone close to my Apple Watch

I recently updated my Apple Watch to the new iOS 8 and had to repair it to my iPhone XR. I made sure to update my iPhone to the most recent iOS 15 before starting.

After going through the pairing process, I’m at the stage whereby I am being asked in various languages (eg “Approchez votre iPhone de votre Apple Watch”) to hold my iPhone next to my Apple Watch. I have been holding my iPhone next to my watch now for 10 minutes and I get nothing. According to the instructions I should receive a pop-up message to follow the pairing process but I’m getting nothing.

I tapped the “i” to follow the pairing process manually, but last time I did it it restored my watch to factory settings for some reason but I want my watch restored to the latest back up (I was given the option to pick my latest backup which I did).

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:48 PM

See the 'If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing' section in:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Pairing - no pop-up message when I hold my iPhone close to my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.