You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume lowers by itself

My iPads volume keeps lowering by itself. I raise the volume and it instantly starts lowering to zero. I have to keep upping the volume and it will eventually stay. But it's happening more frequently.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 10:57 AM

Hi  SamuraiSurge,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your iPad volume that adjusts on its own.

Have you restarted the device?

Have you checked the volume buttons? Is there any case that could be depressing the buttons?

There could also be an issue with the button hardware. If this issue is still occurring, please visit Contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 10:57 AM in response to SamuraiSurge

Hi  SamuraiSurge,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your iPad volume that adjusts on its own.

Have you restarted the device?

Have you checked the volume buttons? Is there any case that could be depressing the buttons?

There could also be an issue with the button hardware. If this issue is still occurring, please visit Contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Volume lowers by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.