You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello there in network not showing wifi interface what can i do

Hello’s there having some problem with my macs wifi here not showing wifi interface in my mac so pls suggest me what can I do

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 8:07 AM

Please, please, please... press command-shift-4 and drag to take a screenshot. Or at least rotate the image in Preview before posting. My neck thanks you 😎

On to the next step: as I suggested before, reset NVRAM.

Shut down your mac.

Press the power button and immediately press and hold these four keys Command, Option, P, R.

Keep holding the four keys until you hear the startup chime a few times (4 seems ok).

Then release the keys.

Any difference?

If not, then Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 8:07 AM in response to adarsh120

Please, please, please... press command-shift-4 and drag to take a screenshot. Or at least rotate the image in Preview before posting. My neck thanks you 😎

On to the next step: as I suggested before, reset NVRAM.

Shut down your mac.

Press the power button and immediately press and hold these four keys Command, Option, P, R.

Keep holding the four keys until you hear the startup chime a few times (4 seems ok).

Then release the keys.

Any difference?

If not, then Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Sep 29, 2021 6:48 AM in response to adarsh120

If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on Mac

If you’re having problems connecting to a Wi-Fi network, there are several solutions you can try.

• Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. You can use the Wi-Fi status icon  in the menu bar to turn Wi-Fi on.
  • You may be out of range. Make sure your Mac is within range of the wireless network.
  • The Wi-Fi service may not be available in Network preferences.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Network.
  • If Wi-Fi isn’t in the list of network connection services, click the Add button  at the bottom of the list, click the Interface pop-up menu, then choose Wi-Fi. Name the Wi-Fi service, then click Create.
  • If you are connecting to a wireless network created by an AirPort base station or AirPort Time Capsule, restart the device by unplugging the power cord. Wait a few minutes, then plug the power cord back in. After the network is available, try connecting again.

Sep 30, 2021 1:51 AM in response to adarsh120

Well, it seems that System Information is not detecting the network interfaces. In that screen, below the text that you are showing, there should be more information but there is none.

Please post that Etrecheck report, as requested.

Etrecheck is a diagnostic utility and will tell us about possible software and hardware issues. It does not post any private information. Download it, let it produce its report, then click Share Report->Copy Report. Start a reply here, click the "additional text" button below the message area, and paste the full report into the text box.

If we can't find anything in the report, you may have to take your mac to an Apple store or authorized repair facility.

Hello there in network not showing wifi interface what can i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.