You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Storage Space

Once I purchase an Ipad with certain space (let's say 128GB), can I always upgrade to get more space? If so, how?

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:53 PM

Dona4111 wrote:
Once I purchase an Ipad with certain space (let's say 128GB), can I always upgrade to get more space? If so, how?

You will not be able to "upgrade" your iPad after the initial purchase "to get more space." If you already doubt that 128GB is enough, you should select a model with twice that capacity now.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Dona4111

Dona4111 wrote:

You will not be able to "upgrade" your iPad after the initial purchase "to get more space." If you already doubt that 128GB is enough, you should select a model with twice that capacity now.

Sep 29, 2021 6:52 PM in response to Dona4111

FYI,

A 128 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx.119 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 112-113 GBs.

Minus 3- 6GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 108-110 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

256 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx. 238.5GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves 231.0 GBs.

Minus 3-6 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 224-228 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Ipad Storage Space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.