You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari passing incorrect data to web sites

Running Safari 15.0 on OS 11.6

With two different banks and a third government web site, the passwords i entered have been rejected multiple times by the web site. I suspect Safari is passing corrupted user entered data field back to the web sites in use. I switched to Firefox and all worked normally.

Anyone else with similar issue?

I regularly clear all history on my browsers.

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:18 AM

Hi mikehnz,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As we understand, you are concerned that incorrect passwords are being entered by Safari into various websites.

Have you checked the passwords? Have a look here: How to find your saved passwords on your Mac.

Have a fantastic day!

3 replies

Oct 3, 2021 5:26 AM in response to mikehnz

mikehnz,

Thanks for the further details. Does it happen if you are in safe mode? Please see: How to use safe mode on your Mac. If it works in safe mode, reboot normally and test again.

You can also check Safari inside a new user account. Here's how to make one: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If it's only happening with these three websites, it is possible they have a compatibility issue with Safari.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Safari passing incorrect data to web sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.