You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

i have set up family sharing so I can use my wife’s iPad should mine break. but apps I’m sharing-aren’t updating on wife’s app when I change or edit an app on my iPad. Any ideas how to sync the apps?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:44 AM

The iPad can be configured to automatically install - and for installed Apps to automatically update. App settings, however, are set independently on each device. As for associated data, whether or not this can be synchronised is entirely determined by how an App is designed/coded and where its data is stored.

Settings > App Store > [Automatic Downloads] >

• Apps - set to ON
  • App Updates - set to ON

These settings are global - and are applied all installed/shared Apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2021 2:44 AM in response to Dave26sam

The iPad can be configured to automatically install - and for installed Apps to automatically update. App settings, however, are set independently on each device. As for associated data, whether or not this can be synchronised is entirely determined by how an App is designed/coded and where its data is stored.

Settings > App Store > [Automatic Downloads] >

• Apps - set to ON
  • App Updates - set to ON

These settings are global - and are applied all installed/shared Apps.

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.