You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The Selected Movie won't play on your display"

I have looked at all the previous post about this; nothing works. There is no “Open in 32bit mode”, signing out/back in doesn’t help, the bit of software to change video modes is not applicable to my late 2009 MacBook.

My MacBook was having issues, so I wiped the HDD and reinstalled El Capitan. Everything looks good except that none of my purchased TV Shoes will play, giving the message above. I have re-authorized the MacBook. My stored Movies will play, but none of the TV Shows. It doesn’t matter if I use the built-in display or my HDMI TV, same results.

iTunes 12.8.2.3, El Capitan 10.11.6, MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009)

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 2:04 PM

Turns out that having Screen Sharing turned on was the problem. More help here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7934862

Similar questions

2 replies

"The Selected Movie won't play on your display"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.