You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dare I Upgrade to Apple Music?

When I upgraded to Catalina, most of my iTunes artwork was not displayed in Apple Music, so I downgraded back to Mojave.

Most of my 7,600 albums were ripped from CDs, so Apple's automatic feature won't work. Manually re-loading the artwork would be a huge project.

Now that a couple of years have passed since Catalina/Music was introduced, do I dare try again? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:55 PM

There has been no official resolution, no statement, no ‘fix’, not even an acknowledgement from Apple that the issue ever existed. Even if a hundred users have the same issue, compared to the millions of users out there, that doesn’t mean there actually is an issue. User variables and installations are almost infinite and glitches can happen that are not related to a bug in the software.

The bottom line is that no one can come into this thread and say with certainty that the issue has been fixed or that it even existed in the first place. You are on your own.

As always, the best practice is to make a complete backup fo your current system before attempting any upgrade. It makes downgrading much easier.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2021 3:55 PM in response to Texarado

There has been no official resolution, no statement, no ‘fix’, not even an acknowledgement from Apple that the issue ever existed. Even if a hundred users have the same issue, compared to the millions of users out there, that doesn’t mean there actually is an issue. User variables and installations are almost infinite and glitches can happen that are not related to a bug in the software.

The bottom line is that no one can come into this thread and say with certainty that the issue has been fixed or that it even existed in the first place. You are on your own.

As always, the best practice is to make a complete backup fo your current system before attempting any upgrade. It makes downgrading much easier.

Oct 16, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Texarado

My iTunes library moved to Catalina without issues, including manually added artwork for my ripped CDs. It continues to work to this day. So why you lost your artwork is certainly not because of Catalina as there were/are very few reports of such an issue. Perhaps it was some kind of glitch, or some kind of corruption.

No one here can say one way or another whether it’s okay to try again. That’s your decision to make. For very response saying it’s okay there will another response that says don’t do it.

Dare I Upgrade to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.