You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add digital debit card from bank of america

I received a digital debit card as a temporary replacement while my new one is being processed and shipped. It’s essentially the same thing as a debit card, just a digital copy fit with a exp date, and card key.

I recently backed up my iPhone to an old setting to which, now I require to add remainder of card info manually into apple wallet (extremely frustrating as I have grown accustomed to using Apple Pay exclusively and haven’t a clue where the physical cards are now, thus leaving me with a bunch of useless incomplete debit cards. Long story short, my Bank of America DIGITAL DEBIT CARD will not add to my apple wallet. It leaves me with the message reading “cannot add card — please contact card issuer” or something to that extent. I’m beyond frustrated. BOFA Phone support has little idea on how to help especially being that their NEW DIGITAL DEBIT CARD was specifically made for APPLE PAY/ digital wallet. How the **** does that happen.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 11:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:31 PM

Hello Alashgari,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand having issues adding your digital debit card from Bank of America, and we'd be happy to provide some guidance.

To get started, please check out these helpful links:

Apple Pay® FAQs

Bank of America Introduces a Digital Debit Card

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 5:31 PM in response to Alashgari

Hello Alashgari,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand having issues adding your digital debit card from Bank of America, and we'd be happy to provide some guidance.

To get started, please check out these helpful links:

Apple Pay® FAQs

Bank of America Introduces a Digital Debit Card

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Can’t add digital debit card from bank of america

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.