You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Debit Card - What Do I Need To Update Please (In UK 🇬🇧)

I’ve received a replacement Debit Card from my Bank and I need to update my Apple account with the new card details.

I’ve only done this once before and had loads of issues so I’m nervous about doing it again and just need to know exactly how to update this.

If I update my card via the Apple ID area on my settings, does this automatically update my account on iTunes and Apple Pay or will I have to update those 2 things separately?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 5:47 AM

From: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

I do not use Apple Pay but I suspect you may have to set it up separately there since it is a different service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2023 5:47 AM in response to cheshireman

From: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

I do not use Apple Pay but I suspect you may have to set it up separately there since it is a different service.

New Debit Card - What Do I Need To Update Please (In UK 🇬🇧)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.