You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro

I bought a new iPad Pro 2021, and from the store till to get home, it got stollen. Can I, or police find it based on S/N or IMEI I didn’t manage to sign in into that device, as it was meant to be a gift

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 2:47 PM

The serial number can only be used to check if an already-found iPad is yours.

The wireless carriers generally only locate units through the IMEI when it's part of the search for a missing person.

(206544)

5 replies

Oct 18, 2021 2:59 PM in response to morus240

As described, the iPad has not been set up - and remains a blank-canvas. Without having been “activated”, technical means to locate the device are not possible. Likewise, unless the device has an active cellular plan with a carrier, the IMEI is as meaningless as a number written on paper. At best, the IMEI can registered/blacklisted - preventing future use with any cellular network.

Ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.