You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with creating Apple ID

I am trying to create an apple id for my mom. I first used her phone number but when it came to phone verification, I entered the number and it keeps saying that password should include numbers and letters. I am confused as this is a verification code, why does it ask for letters? I tried using my phone number and it happens the same.

What should I do to fix this problem and create an apple id for my mom?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 1:32 PM

From the article below.

When you create a new password, keep the following in mind:

• Your new Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter. 
  • You can't use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you've used in the last year.

Apple ID Password Change.   

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2021 1:32 PM in response to ask_hopeans

From the article below.

When you create a new password, keep the following in mind:

• Your new Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter. 
  • You can't use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you've used in the last year.

Apple ID Password Change.   

Trouble with creating Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.