You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud plus domain

I am trying to use my email address with a company domain for some services on my website like "contact form", "enquiry"...

It doesn't work. All my emails work well with a company domain name,

through mail app on Mac, but I don't know what is settings like SMTP and others are.

I have received massage:

"535: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed"

I am using Gmail settings on my website for services (contact us, enquiry...) and work well, but I definitely need to move my all email setting to iCloud.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 9:29 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 23, 2021 4:18 PM in response to jdo_apple

Hello and thanks for your message.

I am using my domain name with my iCloud Mail, and it is perfect.

The problem is if customers try to contact us through "enquire form". I previously time we used Google Workspace and it's working. When trying to add parameters from iCloud email to my website to receive massage through "enquire form", we can see the error: "535: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed"

iCloud plus domain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.