You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Imac Iphoto to icloud

Is there a way to move my dinosaur imacs iphoto contents to my icloud? I have googled to no help. Icloud is not an option in system preferences.

I tried going to the icloud website but the issue is this imac is SO out of date the browser cannot run the site and it is so SLOW. My kids baby pictures are on this imac and I want to save them. Please tell me its not impossible.

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:26 PM

Not the easiest thing to do, but not impossible...

You could try connecting the external drive directly to your phone (you'll need an adapter). Then use the files app to copy over images in bulk. (probably copy into files, not photos yet, to upload everything. Then, later, you can add files individually to photos).

Or, connect the external drive, open the photos app and see if the "import" option appears at the bottom. Then you could import all of the photos right onto your phone. Again, you might want to do smaller batches first to ensure things copy correctly and that space is available).

Or, you could take the drive to a library or other location, log into iCloud.com/photos, and upload small batches... You could also just upload the entire folder into iCloud Drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 3:26 PM in response to OldImacProblems

Not the easiest thing to do, but not impossible...

You could try connecting the external drive directly to your phone (you'll need an adapter). Then use the files app to copy over images in bulk. (probably copy into files, not photos yet, to upload everything. Then, later, you can add files individually to photos).

Or, connect the external drive, open the photos app and see if the "import" option appears at the bottom. Then you could import all of the photos right onto your phone. Again, you might want to do smaller batches first to ensure things copy correctly and that space is available).

Or, you could take the drive to a library or other location, log into iCloud.com/photos, and upload small batches... You could also just upload the entire folder into iCloud Drive.

Old Imac Iphoto to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.