You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an iPhone SE but the charger doesn’t seem to fit the usb that I have. It is smaller???

I got an iPhone SE but the charger doesn’t seem to fit the usb that I have. It is smaller???

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:46 AM

USB-C chargers are the newer and higher-powered and faster-charging chargers, while USB-A chargers are older and lower wattage and slower-charging chargers. The cable shipped with most recent iPhones is USB-C to Lightning. Older cables were USB-A to Lightning. Either charger and either cable will work, though the cable will need to match the charger.

About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support

SE second generation can rapid-charge. SE first-gen cannot. A USB-C cable wouldn’t be packaged with a first-gen SE.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2021 9:46 AM in response to pdjmo

USB-C chargers are the newer and higher-powered and faster-charging chargers, while USB-A chargers are older and lower wattage and slower-charging chargers. The cable shipped with most recent iPhones is USB-C to Lightning. Older cables were USB-A to Lightning. Either charger and either cable will work, though the cable will need to match the charger.

About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support

SE second generation can rapid-charge. SE first-gen cannot. A USB-C cable wouldn’t be packaged with a first-gen SE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.