You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen mirroring will not acknowledge the tv. It was working recently. When I go to screen mirroring it only shows 2 other TVs in the house

When I go to screen mirroring on my Apple iPhone, it does. It show the tv in the room where I am. It recently worked fine. I have rebooted the wifi, router, and phone.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 7:47 AM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2021 11:00 AM in response to tamey179

Thanks for reaching out, tamey179.

It sounds like you're having trouble with being able to use AirPlay on a particular television. We can help.

You may want to make sure the TV is compatible with AirPlay. If it is, and not working, try reaching out to the manufacturer for assistance or a firmware update. IF it isn't compatible, consider using a device such as a Apple TV to allow the feature to be used.

Hope that helps!

Oct 30, 2021 3:08 PM in response to SnickZ.

The tv is compatible. I have been using it to mirror my phone screen. I have had an update it two to the phone. I tried to use it yesterday and it does not recognize the main tv in the room. Which is the same tv I have been doing it on. It works for the two other TVs in the house. So only the two other TVs are showing up as a choice.

Nov 1, 2021 8:57 AM in response to tamey179

Thanks for following up, tamey179.

When we are troubleshooting a device, sometimes it can help to narrow down whether the problem is with the device itself, or the device it is connecting to. For example, when you connect to the other TVs and there is no issue, it lets us know that the iPhone is in good working order. If it failed to connect to any television, we would recommend hardware evaluation, and possible service.

In much the same way, with the TV that is not being able to be connected to, we can test to see if another iPhone might have more luck. If we find that another device also can't connect to the same television, it might need to be evaluated for service if a component has failed.

Give that a try, and see if there is any change. If not, you should contact the television manufacturer for support and possibly service options.

Take care.

My screen mirroring will not acknowledge the tv. It was working recently. When I go to screen mirroring it only shows 2 other TVs in the house

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.