You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink my phone number from old apple ID

First time I used an apple phone was in 2014 for a period of 2 months. I had registered my phone number then with some icloud id and an email i dont even remember. Its nearly 8 years now, I finally moved into a fully integrated apple environment. Imagine my surprise when I found out i couldnt use imessages or facetime using my phone number!? Why? Cuz its linked to my old icloud account. I don’t remember the id or the email address. I use this phone no even now. I asked apple support to either send an sms or security verification or atleast tell me the old apple id so i can unlink it. Is there any solution to this or has Apple completely overlooked this scenario?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 11:39 AM

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2021 11:39 AM in response to Alvincgeorge

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Unlink my phone number from old apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.