You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 4K Ethernet Not Working

I set up my AppleTV 4K to use the physical Ethernet port for connectivity. However, one day it stopped working, and will now only work using WiFi.

I tried replacing the cable, and connecting the AppleTV to another (known good) Ethernet switch, and I get no link on the Ethernet connection.

Are there any known issues with Ethernet port failures? Is there a solution to fix it, or must it be replaced?

Thanks,

RB

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:10 AM

Please try unplugging it from its power source for 2-3 minutes and then retesting. Personally I have not heard of any Ethernet connection failures but I suppose it could happen. If it is still covered by the 1 year warranty or you have AppleCare then take it to your local Apple Store.

1 reply

AppleTV 4K Ethernet Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.