You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are my texts going to my mac and not my iphone?

I got my MacBook Air a month ago and have noticed that certain text messages go to my Mac and not my iPhone. I have tried restarting both devices as well as going to messages>iMessage>send and receive and making sure that only my phone number is checked and not my and not my iCloud. I have also done messages>preferences>messages>none and unchecked all of the boxes on my Mac. I am still receiving text messages on my Mac and I do not know what else to do to stop getting texts sent to my Mac.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2021 2:40 PM in response to B_klagues8

Hey B_klagues8,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having issues with receiving messages on your MacBook Air. We'd like to help out.

To turn this feature off, try the steps here:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up iPhone to get SMS messages on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

why are my texts going to my mac and not my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.