You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't insert pdf pages in Preview

I'm on Big Sur v. 11.6.

using Preview v. 11.0 (1018.6.2)

I can't combine two one-page pdfs.

The Insert Blank Page or Insert from File are greyed out.

The drag and drop from one file's thumbnail to the other is really weird. It acts like it added the page from one file to the other, but it doesn't show up in the thumbnail. Plus I can no longer open the original file from which I dragged the page.

Didn't this use to be easy?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 10, 2021 6:46 AM in response to RobinFlys

RobinFlys wrote:

I'm on Big Sur v. 11.6.
using Preview v. 11.0 (1018.6.2)

I can't combine two one-page pdfs.
The Insert Blank Page or Insert from File are greyed out.

The drag and drop from one file's thumbnail to the other is really weird. It acts like it added the page from one file to the other, but it doesn't show up in the thumbnail. Plus I can no longer open the original file from which I dragged the page.

Didn't this use to be easy?

Preview is always changing...

See if there is anything here—

Combine PDFs in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com › en-us

Nov 10, 2021 7:06 AM in response to RobinFlys

Preview will autosave a combined operation to the original PDF, so you may wish to do this on a copy of the original PDF. When you have a one-page opened PDF in Preview with Thumbnail view enabled, you drag the second PDF below the first thumbnail and when you observe a green + symbol on the new thumbnail, just release it and the combine will be done.

Can't insert pdf pages in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.